My name is Bethany and I am a Freelancer.
I believe in personal and impactful stories and designs that will elevate your brand, agency, or individual website.
What I Can Offer:
My freelance services include:
Who I Am:
I am a millennial Pacific Northwest Native who has been integrated into the arts community for over 7 years. I graduated from Marylhurst University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a concentration in Photography. While there, I was able to work in gallery spaces and curation. Continuing my education I received my Masters of Arts in Teaching with endorsements in Fine Arts and English.
I taught Graphic Design, English, and Photography for five years. I specialized in Communication Technologies and grew my portfolio during this time. I know freelance full-time.
When I am Not Working I Am:
- Traveling the world. I try to leave the country once a year.
- Spending time with my pets and my partner. We have one Borzoi, one Bengal, and one Sphynx.
- Hiking and being in nature.
- Obsessing over Game of Thrones or Stranger Things
- Taking Photographs
- Looking at Typography (I am obsessed with this too)
- Freelance Writer for Student Loan Planner
- Freelance Writer for Smart Money Mamas- Sample- Things to Get Right Before Creating a Budget and Should You Refinance your Student Loans: Ultimate Guide
- Contributor for Saving for College– How to Earn Extra Money to Repay Student Loans and How to Build an Emergency Fund After Graduation
- Contributor on Tread Lightly, Retire Early: The Environmental and Frugal Reasons to Go Vegan
- Women Rock Money Movement Collaboration: I’m in your Corner. Are You?
- Women Who Money Contributor: How can I Best Automate my Finances with Infographic
- The Financial Diet Feature: How Quitting My Stable Job in Education was the Healthiest Decision I Could Have Made
- The Financial Diet Feature: How I Gave My Bedroom a Facelift for Less than $200
- Women’s Money Talk Feature: How to Schedule your Day when you Work from Home
- Women Who Money Feature: Garden Musings: Nature and Economics
- Money Middleton’s Feature: Teachers, Your Pension Won’t Cut It: What you Need to Do Now
- Rockstar Finance Feature: How to Create a 5 Year Money Plan after Falling out of FI
- Money Middleton’s Feature: Black Friday Shopping the Smart Way
- Featured on Bravely Go and Women’s Money Talk: Are you poor or just broke?
- Money Middletons Feature: When FIRE is a Necessity Podcast
- Campfire Finance Feature: How to Create a 5 Year Money Plan after Falling out of FI
- Featured on Bravely Go and Women’s Money Talk for The Side Hustle Hunt: Why None of them have worked for me..yet
- Best of the Web on Michael Dinich: The Cost of Physical and Mental Activity: What is stopping you?
- Women’s Money Talk Feature: Feminism + Financial Independence: Why the Two are Inseparable.
- Campfire Finance Feature: The Path to Finacial Independence is Never About the Money
- Women’s Money Talk Feature: 5 Books by Women that Changed my Life
- Friends and Finances Feature on Saving Joyfully
- Campfire Finance Feature: How NOT to Tell your Spouse about FI
- Rockstar Finance Feature: I Suck at Financial Independence: Reflections of a Broke Teacher and Starving Artist
- Campfire Finance Feature: I Suck at Financial Independence: Reflections of a Broke Teacher and Starving Artist
- Guest on The Fairer Cents Podcast: Broadening the FIRE Conversation with Vicki Robin
- Guest on The One Million Apples Podcast: Teaching, Side Hustles and Relationships
- CNBC – Why are some people so much better at saving? -August 2019
- The Ladders- A definitive guide to quitting a job – June 2019
- Financial Impulse – When can I quit my job? -May 2019