This is a continuation of a talk we had with friends at the dinner table. The question was, do you think college is needed to do your job? I won’t give our answers here, you’ll have to listen to find out! I’ll give you some hints though.
We go through our personal backgrounds with Charles having a bachelors in Electrical Engineering and Bethany with her Masters in Art and Teaching. With a large difference in our degrees we naturally have differing opinions on the topic. We go deeper still and talk about the cost of student loans and the effect it can have on college graduates.
Mentioning student loans, we both had different financing for college and different levels of financial aid. With such a heavy cost to education these days it’s even more important to look at what your future might look like and potential income ability. This is hard enough for grown adults to figure out let alone students getting ready to graduate high school.
Even with the potential hurdles of going to college in this day and age, we are both proponents of lifelong learning. Learning and school might look different in the near future but get a fresh take from two people who recently graduated in the last 2-3 years.
- Is a college degree needed for jobs out there?
- Do all the classes you take have relevancy?
- Internships: paid vs unpaid
- Paying for college
- Getting financial aid or the lack thereof
- Figuring out what you want to be when you grow up
- Lifestyle design
Thank you for listening. If you would like to help support us please consider the following:
- Leave us a review on iTunes or whichever platform you are listening with.
- Hit that subscribe button to stay up to date with current episodes.