We are joined this episode by the CEO of Bravely, Kara Perez. We learn about Kara’s background including how she paid off $25,000 in debt in 3.5 years while never making more than $32,000 a year.
We also explore how Bravely came to be and the motivation behind it and the importance of bringing diversity to the financial world especially in today’s society and culture.
Most importantly, Kara reminded us to look outside our own experiences as not everyone can relate to your story.
September 5th 2018, join us as we attend the Bravely event in Portland OR that talks about how to invest in yourself. Grab your tickets HERE.
Kara Perez | Website | Podcast | Twitter | Instagram
- Introduction to Financial Independence
- Paying off debt on a small income
- Not relating to higher income earning FIRE bloggers
- Is college worth it still with rising tuition costs?
- How Kara started Bravely
- What is Bravely? What does an event look like?
- The future of Bravely
- The importance of diversity
- Being an advocate for yourself
- Balancing mental independence with financial independence
- Do an audit of what you are consuming
- The state of our current society and culture and how to change it
- Financial rules that should be broken
- Our Next Life
- Think Save Retire
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Cait Flanders
- Statistic for how many don’t have employer 401k
- Kara on Lifehacker
Thank you for listening. If you would like to help support us please consider the following:
- Leave us a review on iTunes or whichever platform you are listening with.
- Hit that subscribe button to stay up to date with current episodes.